We’re doing a double portion on the blog this week. The regular Thursday post is coming your way, but I couldn’t resist sharing one of our family’s favorite side dishes. It came out of a magazine when I was a girl, and has become a staple on the table when the leaves turn every fall. So, as you plan your meal for Thursday (or another day this week) consider adding this to the menu. We think it’s spot on!
Butternut Squash with Cranberries
- 1/4 cup honey (I used less)
- 1/4 cup frozen apple or OJ concentrate (I used juice or whatever is on hand)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cranberries (fresh)
- 1/4-1/2 cup apples or pears (I use a whole fruit, whatever you have)
- 1 whole butternut squash, peeled and cubed
Mix ingredients together, bake uncovered for about an hour at 350*, until tender.
Honestly, it’s hard to mess it up. I never measure anything when making this dish – dump and bake. FYI, the leftovers are even better!
Have a wonderful celebration this week, wherever you find yourself, full and thanks and God’s never ending love.